Efficient EDC Design
Effectively transforming a protocol into a full EDC study is of paramount importance in ensuring trial success. Without a robust, user-friendly design tool, the process of building EDC studies becomes protracted and inefficient. The problem is often exacerbated by the ever-growing complexity of study designs and widely dispersed locations of study design teams. It is therefore critical for study teams to be able to design in a collaborative environment using tools that promote standards and best practices.
The Calyx EDC design tool provides web-based study design, allowing users to efficiently build Calyx EDC studies through an intuitive interface, which guides you through each aspect of the design.
Users can streamline study creation by choosing design components from a centralized repository of existing studies, which facilitates the enforcement of design standards. The robust toolset makes it easy to configure CRFs, coding dictionaries, code lists, derivations and edit checks.
- Centralized storage and management of study designs
- Promotes and supports CDISC standards for eCRF design
- Leverage our library of CDISC compliant forms and code lists
- Import any CDISC ODM study design
- Flexible event scheduling accommodates multiple cohorts and treatment cycles
- Dynamic forms and events facilitate complex workflows
- Over 30 keyboard shortcuts, i.e., hotkeys
- Intuitive web interface makes study design simple and efficient without the need for advanced programming skills
- Streamlined study build process and workflow to reduce development cycle time
- Global and collaborative study development enabled by web-based access
- Ability to develop, implement and enforce organization-wide eCRF design and data standards
- Efficient study design utilizing validated study components
- Delivered as a cloud solution, eliminating the overhead of system investment and maintenance issues
Endless Possibilities (Nearly)
Benefits of the Calyx design tool for visit structure include:
- Dynamic Events and Forms allow for visits and included CRFs to be tailored to each patient
- Repeating Events facilitate studies where the ultimate number of visits for a subject is uncertain
- Multiple Event Schedules provide for customized visit schedules based on treatment group or study arm
Because the Calyx EDC design tool is cloud-based, users can access their studies from any computer, anywhere in the world.
The Calyx design tool manages all study builds for our proven EDC Solution. Features renowned for intelligently streamlining workflows include:
- Product convergence with Calyx IRT for randomization and trial supply management, allowing site users to VIEW randomization and medications dispensed in real-time directly from Calyx EDC
- Flexible data model allowing real-time access to view and retrieve data
- Web services enabling interoperability with any third-party applications